Go Back   CountyLineGaming Forums > CountyLineGamers > Apple > Apple Blog

Old 01-08-2016, 09:45 PM   #1
Applegod
Ruler Of The World
Burger Time Champion, Pere Noel Killer Champion

Applegod has a reputation beyond reputeApplegod has a reputation beyond reputeApplegod has a reputation beyond reputeApplegod has a reputation beyond reputeApplegod has a reputation beyond reputeApplegod has a reputation beyond reputeApplegod has a reputation beyond reputeApplegod has a reputation beyond reputeApplegod has a reputation beyond reputeApplegod has a reputation beyond reputeApplegod has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Applegod
Default Update! An Inside Look!

Hey there. Long time no see.

How is everyone? I'm doing okay myself, considering the circumstances. My somewhat sporadic record of recording stuff this past year has been laughable. It seems like every time I try to get motivated enough to do a video or two life gets in the way, sticks it in and breaks it off.

I am dealing with the loss of my father as well as could be expected. There's nothing else to say about it, really. Honestly, it was like Tony's death, in that the worst was the initial shock. Getting past that was the hard part. After that it was a matter of getting used to it. Weird. I thought it would affect me more. I guess I've grown accustomed to goodbyes.

Hey! That Groove guy is hanging around again! Who cares?

What's new from me on this end? Well, aside from losing myself in Final Fantasy XIII -- more on that in a bit -- I've been taking time off work lately. One week for the thing with my dad and yesterday and Wednesday for a particularly nasty cold that I'm still getting over. Such loveliness. I also seem to have acquired an extra week of paid vacation somehow. I have an inquiry into management at my place of employment regarding this issue to either get it corrected or find out what happened.

I was in the running for a trip to Disney World. I didn't win. I emerged with nothing more or less than a $25 gift card to some restaurant I'll likely never visit. Oh well.

FFXIII pisses me off something awful. I picked up Borderlands 2 back in August and along with it the latest Adventures of Emo Twat from the minds at Square Enix. Those of you who've played this one already know my issues: the incomprehensible story, the vague exposition that explains kinda what's happening but not really why or how, the cutscenes that happen every five minutes and do nothing but provide eye candy in lieu of vapidness I can really do without, and so on and so on. In short, I shouldn't have to read a novel's worth of text in the datalog or whatever in order to understand what the hell's happening. The battle system is kinda fun, though, once you get the hang of shifting paradigms every two seconds. I like the idea of staggering foes to give yourself an advantage but it seems like the difficulty is rather uneven. Not the best entry in the series, I suppose is my point.

I had to be reminded a few weeks ago to continue Unprecedented Crisis over on YouTube. I need to get back into that, hopefully this weekend. Aside from that, maybe a new Apple Hacks video. No promises though. We'll have to see.

In short, my life has reached yet another of its unpredictable spots and I'm slowly working through it. Nevertheless I assure you all I'm fine and doing well. I hope everyone had a happy New Year and wish you all a great 2016. Cheers.

Applegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 01:45 AM   #2
JMShearer
Weeee!

JMShearer is a glorious beacon of lightJMShearer is a glorious beacon of lightJMShearer is a glorious beacon of lightJMShearer is a glorious beacon of lightJMShearer is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to JMShearer Send a message via AIM to JMShearer Send a message via Skype™ to JMShearer

Glad to hear you're still chugging along, man. I'm looking forward to more Unprecedented Crisis, too.

Best of luck in the coming year. I hope it goes better than 2015 did.

Also, my irregularly updated series on Channel Awesome, Looking Back. Most Recent Issue: Digimon Frontier and beyond
JMShearer is offline   Reply With Quote