Go Back   CountyLineGaming Forums > General Forums > The Noteboard

Old 02-25-2015, 09:09 PM   #1
JMShearer
Weeee!

JMShearer is a glorious beacon of lightJMShearer is a glorious beacon of lightJMShearer is a glorious beacon of lightJMShearer is a glorious beacon of lightJMShearer is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to JMShearer Send a message via AIM to JMShearer Send a message via Skype™ to JMShearer
Chrono Can "So, JM, where've you been lately?"

Yeah, where have I been lately, anyway? Well, best I can give anyone right now is... around, really. Part of it, for the last couple weeks, for sure, has been a really nasty head and chest cold. I had something like it around my birthday last year, too, but fortunately, this time around wasn't as bad as it was in August. I still spent most of my days off last week in bed trying to sleep it off, in part because I'd lost hearing in my right ear for like a day and a half as a result of this thing and probably sounded like if I wasn't hacking up a lung, I probably should have been.

The good news is, though, that I think I'm through the worst of that part of it now. At least I can hear again, sound like an almost normal person when I talk now, and no longer feel like I've got a river in my lungs.

I think there's an element of depression involved here, too. For a good while now, it seems like a good many of the things I try to do wind up going to some weird angle on me, if not completely sideways or breaking altogether. One thing I brought up in the shout box a while ago was my VCR going bad on me and eating tapes just when I was finally going to start a VHS movie review project I'd been planning. On top of that, my computer's going a bit screwy on me, too. Both things that could probably be fixed or replaced for not a lot of money, if I had some to spare right now.

But for now, I think I've got those issues healed, sorted out, and put aside enough to kinda-sorta be back to almost normal for the time being. And that's a bit of where I've been lately.

Also, my irregularly updated series on Channel Awesome, Looking Back. Most Recent Issue: Digimon Frontier and beyond
JMShearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 01:19 AM   #2
JMShearer
Weeee!

JMShearer is a glorious beacon of lightJMShearer is a glorious beacon of lightJMShearer is a glorious beacon of lightJMShearer is a glorious beacon of lightJMShearer is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to JMShearer Send a message via AIM to JMShearer Send a message via Skype™ to JMShearer

I figure I kind of owe you guys and gals another update on just where I've been of late. It always makes me feel kind of bad to just drop off the radar when I've got projects going on.

The short version is that it was sort of a mental health break the last couple weeks, because I was just not getting things done the way I'd wanted to. I'm at a point now where I'd just better get back at it even though I'm not exactly happy with the end result of said break. But continuing on indefinitely like this would not do any real good either, so I may as well just come on back and try to be more active again.

The longer version can be found in this post and this one on my blog. Hopefully, they do a better job of explaining it.

Also, my irregularly updated series on Channel Awesome, Looking Back. Most Recent Issue: Digimon Frontier and beyond
Old 03-09-2017, 11:48 PM   #3
JMShearer
Weeee!

The short version this go-round is that I've been trying to start up a non-Final-Fantasy side Text Play on my SNES, but it turns out the console may have died on me for realzies this time.

I get more into the details I could figure out with my limited knowledge here, and from what I can tell, the unit's shot. Fortunately, there are other PlayStaton games I can have a crack at, if I decide to go that route in the meantime.

That's basically where I've been lately. Hopefully, better news soon.